Sunday, April 18, 2010

Creek

We spent Friday afternoon down at the creek. Daddy always does the golf cart rides and I never drive it around, but when I asked the girls after nap what they wanted to do, they said they wanted to ride the golf cart to see the ducks at the creek. Hannah thought she was pretty big, because I acted like I didn't know how to drive the golf cart, so she showed me what to do...step by step. The ducks weren't there and Hannah was so concerned about where they were. She was convinced that they had gone to Jammy and Papa's creek. She was very serious about it and as soon as we got home she called Jammy and Papa and asked them to go look at their creek to see if her ducks were there. Saturday morning we woke up and the first thing she said was, "I need to call Jammy and Papa and see if they found my ducks!" The girl never forgets anything!!
I haven't had my camera out since Easter, so I took full advantage of the pretty day down at the creek...it was a perfect day for pictures...and you know I can't narrow them down, so there are a lot!
They LOVE the dandelions

This cracks me up and it perfectly describes Alice Anne's personality. She LOVES her big sister and wants to do everything that she does! Whatever Hannah does, Alice Anne's 2 steps behind her doing it too. Hannah found this big stick and said, "mommy, look at this big, huge stick!" It was probably 5 feet long!
Alice Anne looked down on the ground, picked up the first stick she saw and said in the proudest voice, "Mommy, rook, huge tick!" Her stick couldn't have been any bigger than her little finger, but in her eyes, it was 5 feet long and just as big as Hannah's!

I love these because it shows how happy and carefree they are! So excited to have found a flower to take home to daddy!
And little sister's right behind her!
Love this sweet smile!
And this sweet little face
Hannah has NO fear! I looked over and she was yelling, "Look at me...I'm a monkey!"

I LOVE these next 3 pictures! And the thing I love about them is that I didn't ask them to do this at all, this is just how they play! They're best friends!!


3 comments:

ELMORE said...

oh my gosh emily! you have the sweetest girls ever! they look so grown up in these pictures! i love how the little ones want to do everything the big kids do, but in their own way. great pictures!!!

Lane Olson said...

you are brave to venture out in the golf cart! looks like it was a fun outing. sweet, sweet girls.

MOM said...

That "monkey" picture of H looks like she's truly out in a jungle! Surely she's not as high off the ground as it looks in that pic!
Love those last pictures of both of them.