Monday, November 29, 2010

My Little Angels

This story was so sweet I had to write it down...

This afternoon the girls and I were putting some Christmas decorations up and Hannah went and sat down on the couch. I could tell she was thinking really hard about something. She sat there for a few minutes and then walked over to me and teared up. She said with the sweetest, most concerned voice, "Mommy, what can I do if I miss you so much when you go to heaven?" Shocked, I said, "Honey, mommy's not going to heaven." She said, "Yes you are. Everyone goes to heaven someday. But I'm going to miss you when you go and I'm going to always be sad." I was doing everything I could to not let my tears show, so as I kissed her head over and over, I assured her that I would not go to heaven for a long, long time and that I was going to stay right here and be her mommy. She said, "Mommy, when you go to heaven, I want to go with you..."
Talk about melting a mommy's heart!!!
My sweet little family on Thanksgiving

2 comments:

MOM said...

I could not read that w/out crying! What a tender-hearted little girl who loves her mommy so much!

Meredith said...

Awww... Hannah! Sweet baby.