Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Couple of Stories

I haven't even downloaded Christmas pictures yet, and that's on my to-do list for this week, but I had to write a couple of things down first, because I always want to remember these sweet things that my babies say.

Last night as I was tucking Hannah in bed, she looked up at me and asked me when she was going to start putting herself to bed. Shocked, since she loves for us to put her to bed, I asked her if she wanted to start putting herself to bed. She said, "No, I want you to put me to bed forever. Even when I'm big like you, and when I'm married to daddy, will you still live with me and put me to bed? I might live in another house, but I want you to always live with me forever and ever!" My response, "Of course, I'll live with you as long as you want me to live with you!"

Yesterday Hannah went for her 4 year check-up. She was really excited about the visit and we couldn't get there fast enough. She was even frustrated with me when I had to stop on the way there to get gas. I was so proud of her...she was so brave and opened right up to Dr. Moore, talking his ear off. She was above the 95% for height and 85% for weight. She was even excited to get a shot, because she knew she was going to get a pretty bandaid...poor little thing didn't know she was going to get 6!!!! Her eyes got bigger than I've ever seen them when she saw the nurse walk in with all the syringes. Poor thing was so brave! She shed some pretty big tears and I think I shed a few too. But one of the saddest things was Alice Anne, after watching all of that. She missed a shot at her 2 year check-up, and she was going to get it while we were there. She was pretty excited about the bandaid, too, until after seeing what poor Hannah went through. When Hannah hopped down from the table, Alice Anne looked at me and said over and over, "Mommy, I don't want a bandaid, I don't want a bandaid!!" SO SAD!!!

1 comment:

meredith said...

My favorite part is Hannah marrying Brett. That is so sweet. Love your girls to pieces!!