Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dallas Blizzard

We woke up to snow this morning...lots of snow...and it hasn't stopped all day!! When I went upstairs to get Hannah up, I told her I had a surprise for her outside. I opened her shutters and the look of excitement on her face was priceless! Alice Anne was almost as amazed as Hannah. Hannah has been talking about how beautiful she thinks the snow is and Alice Anne has walked around all day pointing outside and saying, "Buful Snow...soooo buful!" So cute! They seriously could not WAIT to get out of their pj's and bundle up to play in the snow. It took us forever to get everyone bundled up and Alice Anne lasted all of about 4 minutes. She was not digging the coat, hat and mittens. So when she went down for her little morning "rest," Hannah and I headed back out to build a snowman. Hannah was really disappointed that daddy couldn't play in the snow with her, but I hope I did an ok job playing "daddy!"

I think this picture is so cute. I'm pretty sure Hannah's telling Alice Anne that they're going to make snowballs and throw them on mommy.

She couldn't have been any happier!!
Cracking herself up as she sings a song she made-up about Mr. Snowman!
Snowman #1



After naps we headed back out...I was hoping Alice Anne might like it a little more, but this time she was not ok with snow getting on her shoes! She kept saying, "NO snow soes!" Poor little thing. So, we got Stella over to play in the snow with Hannah. Alice Anne was perfectly happy inside with me, watching them out the window.

What a pathetic little face!

She seriously couldn't get enough snowballs!



Snowman #2

His face slowly disappeared as Alice Anne ate the candy off ;)




1 comment:

meredith said...

love that picture of the girls through the widow eating snow! thank you so much for inviting SJ to play! she had THE best time...