Friday, June 11, 2010

Cuddle Bug

I really think that even the little ones can sense when mommy's about to lose it.
It was a LONG day and a really long afternoon! Hannah didn't nap, and...lets just say...she hasn't gotten a straight line one single day this week, which is very rare for her!
Brett left for a fishing trip tonight, I got the girls down and as soon as I walked downstairs, Alice Anne started crying. She never cries out after I put her down, so of course I ran up to see what was wrong. I opened the door and she stopped crying, looked at me, smiled and said, "more rock you." She knows how to melt my heart! I scooped her up and we rocked and rocked. Her head was buried in my chest and she clenched my hand ever so tightly as I stroked her hair. She stared in my eyes for the longest time as I sang to her and then her eyes closed. I continued to rock her for several minutes and I thought she was asleep until she opened her eyes, looked into my eyes, took her paci out and said, "I ruve you mama!" She put her paci back in, closed her eyes and she was out. It was perfect! What a fabulous ending to a never-ending day! I continued to rock her and I could have stayed there forever!! She knew that her mama needed that and she wanted to see me smile! Oh how I love that girl!! These are the moments I want to remember forever!
They got to wear their VBS t-shirts today and they have been so excited to wear them all week long!

If you've ever seen Alice Anne do "her dance," you'll laugh at this picture. She spins around in a circle and looks out the corner of her eye the whole time. It is the funniest thing you've ever seen!!

We had such a fun week at Vacation Bible School this week! Lane and I taught in Hannah and Milam's class and Molly and Wilson were in our class, too. It was so much fun!!! I love their little group of friends so much! I'm not sure who had more fun...Hannah or Alice Anne. They both LOVED it! We got to see Alice Anne in music and drama everyday. I honestly think Alice Anne thinks she's 3. It is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Hannah and Molly would stand up at the front and dance in music everyday and Alice Anne was right beside them "trying" to do all the hand motions. So cute!!!

2 comments:

maryleighedmonds said...

Aww, just reading that made me tear up! What sweet little girls you have. You definitely need to print all of these blog posts out to show to the girls some day.

meredith said...

that is the sweetest story ever! i love it!