Wednesday, June 2, 2010

When The Girls Are Away...

...a lot happens around here that's out of the norm!

1) I can do 2 loads of laundry, make the bed, empty the dishwasher, go to the grocery store, Costco, the cleaners and the bank...all by 11:00 a.m.

2) I can have a fresh manicure and pedicure that lasts more than one day!

3) ALL the laundry in the house is clean, folded and put away at all times

4) Both dogs get 2 baths in 4 days

5) Brett and I get to take our time eating dinner at nice restaurants...before 5:00!

6) All of the toys in the house are put away, organized and put in the proper place

7) When I crave Starbucks at 2:30 in the afternoon, I hop in my car and go get one

8) I don't hear "mommy..." 500 times a day.


9) My purse is as light as a feather!

10) The dogs search the house wondering where their little buddies are and wondering when they're going to come home and drop food on the floor for them!

11) The house is quiet...too quiet! Brett and I wouldn't know what to do with ourselves if this was the norm!


The girls went to Graham this week and they had a blast! It was a nice little break for us, but I'm glad we have our 2 little munchkins back. Our lives wouldn't be complete without constant noise, messes and chaos!

6 comments:

Bekah Belf said...

We had so much FUN!

Anonymous said...

Aaah! I love Alice Anne's blue tongue! I showed Carter and he's been dying laughing at "Silly Alice Anne!" Looks like they had a blast! I wish someone would take C for a week from me!
Sarah

maryleighedmonds said...

I can't even get all of those things accomplished and I never have little munchkins running around my house!
Mom: I believe the above "anonymous" comment is a (not to subtle) hint for you :)

MOM said...

I'm with Mary. Can't imagine getting all that done w/or w/out munchkins running around!
Note to "anonymous" - Papa says we'd be happy to keep C for a week. Of course, Papa is gone all day everyday!

Ashley said...

jealous.

ELMORE said...

i am so behind on blogging! loved catching up on your blog!!! the pool at the bottom of the slide and finger paint...SO fun! what a nice break for yall last week with the girls on "vacation!" hannah is a gorgeous princess at her recital!