Friday, October 8, 2010

Zombie

I have never been one that does good on little sleep. I need a good 7-8 hours of sleep at night to be happy. It's been a while since I've had babies that are up all night, and I've tried to put those days behind me. I don't know what was going on last night, but I think someone was playing a not so funny joke on me.

Here's how my night went:

11:30 p.m.-Guess I had too much caffeine, and I was having a hard time winding down
12:30 a.m.-Trying to sleep, but I had a husband and 2 dogs that were snoring louder than ever
1:00 a.m.-Earplugs helped a little and I think I dozed off
2:15 a.m.-Alice Anne starts crying...I go up there and she's upset that she dropped her blankie
3:00 a.m.-I finally go back to sleep
3:23 a.m.-Hannah is at the side of my bed tapping on my back. Says her boo boo hurts. I give her some Motrin and take her back upstairs
3:55 a.m.-I'm still awake and Hannah comes BACK downstairs and says, "It's taking too long." Don't know what was taking too long, but trying to be patient, I take her back upstairs.
4:20 a.m.-I think I've just dozed off and Hannah is at the side of my bed AGAIN! I'm losing my patience and I tell her to go back upstairs.
4:33 a.m.-Brett says that since he's awake, he's going to go ahead and go to the office, so he gets in the shower.
4:50 a.m.-Brett can't find heartburn medicine. I get up and turn all the lights on to find it.
4:54 a.m.-Brett leaves
4:55 a.m.-Brett comes back inside. He can't find his keys. I get up again and help him find his keys.
5:08 a.m.-Hannah is back downstairs. I tell her to go back up and don't come back down until it's "wake-up time"
5:30 a.m.-I'm worried that Brett got mugged walking into the office at such crazy hours so I call to make sure he's OK.
5:58 a.m.-Last time I looked at the clock. I think I finally went to sleep!!
6:37 a.m.-I hear, "Good Morning, Mommy!!" It's Hannah!!!!
7:00 a.m.-Guess I better get up and start my day...

What in the world!!! Wish I was a napper...

On a sweeter note, we took the girls to the Botanical Gardens in Ft. Worth last weekend. It was beautiful!!!

Sleepy Baby!

2 comments:

Claire Coleman said...

We love the Botanic Gardens! Wish y'all would of called us!

MOM said...

Sorry about your long(or was it short?)night.
Where are Brett's boots?