Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Drill Sergeant

The girls went from my parents house, to Brett's parent's house, to a weekend alone with daddy, to Disneyland and the beach, and back home where Carter came to visit and then we started school...all in less than 3 weeks. To say they have been "off," would be an understatement. So I have spent the last week being a Drill Sergeant and trying to whip everyone back into shape. It hasn't been fun, but it was definitely needed. I think we're all getting back to normal. The girls have both been awesome the last 2 days. Today they were both so lovey and came and gave me so many unsolicited "I love you mommy!" hugs. Love days like that. Guess it's so true that kids really do like structure and discipline...


My sweet little Hannah has had a hard few days. She fell really hard at the restaurant on Friday night and a high chair fell on top of her. It was scary!!! That's where the forehead bruise and black eyes came from. Yesterday she fell HARD while she was running up to the ice cream store and then last night she busted it again out on the driveway. I hugged her and told her that she has had a hard time lately. Today she told me about 20 times, "Mommy, I'm just having a hard time!" Poor thing!

If you're wondering why there have been so many Hannah pics and not many Alice Anne pics lately it's because Alice Anne runs as fast as she can the second she sees me pull out the camera...and Hannah poses and tells me to take her picture all day long!!!

6 comments:

MOM said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea that Hannah's bumps and bruises were that bad. I just want to hug her and kiss her!
That must've REALLY hurt!

Ashley said...

I had no idea! Poor girl!!!

maryleighedmonds said...

Oh, my little Hannah! I wanna give her a big hug and kiss, too. She HAS had a rough time, but she always seems to be so tough and sweet through it all.

Lane Olson said...

oh noooo. poor hannah. she still looks like a doll all black and blue. milam was talking about how hannah taught him how to pump on the swing today. funny. miss you girls...

Meredith said...

poor little hannsa... she has to be careful with her pretty little face. she's just getting it all out of her system and she's be big bruise free from now on.

Bekah Belf said...

Poor Baby girl :(