Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Last Little Piece of "Baby"


Those of you that know Hannah well, know how attached she is to her 3 pacis...VERY!!!! She only has them in her bed and can only have them when she's sleeping, but she loves those things so, so much!!! Brett and I have tried to not push her to get rid of them, but would just casually ask her every once in a while if she wanted to give them away. Every time it was mentioned, she would stress over it for days and seriously panic at the thought of not having them. The last time it was mentioned, she very firmly looked at me and told me not to ask her that again, because she was going to keep them until she was 100!!!!

Saturday when we were driving, we over heard Hannah telling Alice Anne that when she turned 4, she was going to give her swim ring away and never use it again. Brett asked her if she wanted to give her pacis away when she turned 4, too. She agreed to give 2 of them away, but said she was going to keep her favorite one forever. I asked her if she thought it would be fun to go to build-a-bear when she turned 4 and put her pacis inside a bear's tummy and sew it up. She said she wanted to do it, but she only wanted to put 2 inside. I told her that if she wanted to do it, that we had to put ALL of her pacis in there. I didn't press the issue, I just told her to think about it, and let me know if she thought it sounded like a good idea. Yesterday morning, Hannah told me she wanted to go to Build-A-Bear and sew her pacis up after school. I explained it to her and made sure that she knew what that meant...that the pacis would be inside the bears tummy and that she would be able to feel them, but she wouldn't be able to put them in her mouth anymore. She agreed, and said she would just put her bears hand in her mouth. So off we went to get our "paci bear."

Hannah proudly picked out her bear (aka: Hello Kitty) and gave her pacis one last kiss and then dropped them inside. I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed a tear or two when she told those pacis bye. Silly, I know, but to me, those pacis were the last little piece of "baby" that she had left in her.

Last night when I put her to bed, she gave Hello Kitty's tummy a kiss and told her pacis "night, night."

3 comments:

maryleighedmonds said...

Oh my goodness, I almost teared up reading this - so sweet!!

MOM said...

I was crying reading your post. Hold those babies close...it all goes by so fast!

Kelly said...

This made my eyes get teary. Sweet baby.