Monday, September 13, 2010

"Hi School...Summer's Over!!!"

This is what Hannah SCREAMED as we drove up to school this morning!! Everyday this summer, we drove by the girl's school and they would say, "Hi School...We'll see you after summer!" This morning, Hannah was so excited to say, "Hi School...Summer's Over!!"

I have never seen 2 little girls so excited to go to school!! I honestly don't think they could sleep last night, they were so excited. Hannah was up at 6:09 this morning ready to go! I was a little sad to send my babies off, but we are all ready to get back into a routine.

This is Hannah's 3rd year at Good Shepherd and Alice Anne started last January. Brett and I couldn't be happier with their school and I think the saddest thing for me today was knowing that this will be Hannah's last year there...until she goes to the big kid school :(

Alice Anne was really excited that she got to go to school in big girl panties and her teachers said she did great! They went on and on about how sweet she is!! She was so proud to show me her picture that she made and she wanted to show me all of the toys in her room, too!

Hannah is in the oldest class there and her big excitement was that she got to take a big girl lunch box. She was SO excited about her princess lunch box that she picked out!! She was also so excited that she didn't have to have a rest time or nap time. Her teachers went on and on about how friendly she was and said, "this little girl has never met a stranger!" They also said that she was sooo smart!! They said she was the only one in the class that wanted to write her own name on her papers and that when they started singing the months of the year song, she proudly announced that she already knew all the months ;)

After school, we went and got ice cream and we were there forever because the girls sat there and told me every little detail about their day! You KNOW I loved that!!!!!!!

I tried to get a picture of them in front of the school and this is what they did. I thought it was cute anyway!
My sweet little baby!
My "Big Girl Baby" as she tells me when I tell her that she's my baby. She looks so big here!!!

2 comments:

meredith said...

precious girls! they look so cute all dressed up for the big day.

ELMORE said...

i LOVE how the girls will just chat it up about their day...so fun! they look darling in their dresses!