Friday, June 12, 2009

Never Mind, Mommy...You're Too Slow!!

Hannah is such a fun little 2 year old!! I was a little worried that we would go crazy this summer with no school, no dance class and not much going on, but we have had the best time!! I'm having fun with both girls, but Hannah and I get special one-on-one time every morning while Alice Anne is napping and we really have fun together! She helps me in the yard, helps me do house work, helps me cook, we do fun art projects and her new favorite thing to do is help me pick out my clothes for the day. She is really into everything "matching" and she wants to pick out my clothes to match hers, she wants to wear shoes that match mine, eat candy that matches her clothes, read books that match her clothes, drink out of cups that match, etc. (OCD??) Something really funny that she has just started doing is mimicking everything that I say. This morning there was a guy here that was going to clean some mortar off of our garage door. I was showing him where it was and Hannah was doing the same. She was saying, "see all of the white down on the bottom?" and then she'd look at him. Another worker came over yesterday while Alice Anne was sleeping and I told him that the baby was asleep and asked him to please be quiet when he was upstairs. Hannah said, "My baby sister's asleep so you need to be quiet." It's funny, but embarrassing at the same time. I am cherishing our time together because I know that we probably won't have many more, if any summers like this. Once she's 3, she'll be eligible for camps, VBS, and all sorts of things that will keep us plenty busy. But for now, we're just enjoying our time at home.

This morning I was really craving something sweet, so we made cupcakes. Hannah asked me who's birthday it was and I told her that it wasn't any one's birthday, that we were just making cupcakes for fun. She said, "yes it is, it is some one's birthday, mommy." She starts looking around and I guess the 1st thing that caught her eye was a tree out the window. She said, "Mommy, it's the tree's birthday! Happy Birthday, Tree!" And proceeded to sing the birthday song to the tree.

After we put the cupcakes in the oven, I started washing the dishes and Hannah said, "Come on mommy, lets get the sprinkles out." I told her that we'd get them out after we washed all of the dishes. She stood there for a minute and then said, "Never mind, Mommy...you're too slow!" I didn't pay much attention to what she meant by that until a few minutes later when I heard her yelling from the pantry, "Mommy, come get me down!" I ran in there and she had taken her chair into the pantry and figured out how to climb up all the cabinets (the one she was standing on was about 4 feet off the ground) and get to the sprinkles that are on the top of the spice rack which is about 6 feet off the ground!! Seriously, this girl is determined! After I grabbed my camera and took her picture (just like any good mom would do, right?!?!?), I gave her a little lecture about how dangerous that was ; )
She is very serious when it comes to decorating her cupcakes!
Hannah wanted to put her farm animals on top of our mini cake for Daddy, and thought it would be really funny to have a snake coming out of it. Laughing, she said, "Mommy, do you think daddy's going to be scared? I think he's going to say, 'Ahhhhh' when he sees it!!!" And was literally dying laughing at herself all morning. She can't wait to show him!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a cutie pie! She is so patient decorating her treats. So- did Daddy say "Ahhhhh" when he saw it?!?