Friday, November 20, 2009

What's Been Goin' On?

I've been an awful blogger lately! Not because we've been busy and I haven't had time, I just really haven't had anything to blog about. We are really enjoying the cooler weather! The girls love it outside, so that's where we spend most of our time.
Hannah wanted me to "build" her a pile of leaves. I kept asking her if that was enough and her response was always, "no, it needs to be bigger!"
Practicing Kickball
Alice Anne is loving being a walker! She really thinks she's so big and is having fun playing with the big girls!! On the other hand, she is also having fun making me guess what kind of mood she's going to be in each day. Monday, she had me in tears by 9:00a.m. She woke up and decided that she was not going to be sweet to anyone that day and she made sure to stick to her plan, which included hitting, screaming, throwing anything that was given to her and throwing herself on the floor! What in the world is this all about?? She was a little better on Tuesday and a little better on Wednesday and then Thursday, she was pretty much back to her sweet self. I can't see or feel any teeth, so I can't use that as an excuse. I've really been beating myself up about it all week. Is she doing this for attention? Am I not giving her enough one-on-one attention? I have lived and breathed trying to give both girls my undivided attention this week, hoping that maybe I can find some answers to her acting out. Please, somebody tell me that this is a phase that all 1 year olds go through. Brett reminded me that Hannah did some of the same thing when she was Alice Anne's age. Maybe I just make myself forget the bad. For now, I have the sweet girl back...hope she stays here for a while!

I am so excited about the holidays and Hannah is too! She goes through every one's name that will be at her house for Thanksgiving multiple times a day. She loves looking through recipes with me and helping me decide what she wants to cook for Thanksgiving and she's already started asking me when Santa will be here. I think she'll be really into Christmas this year! Grey's Anatomy last night got me so ready for Christmas, I got up this morning and pulled my Christmas CDs out!! I'm doing everything I can to not pull out my tree this weekend...
Last week we went to the American Girl Store with Molly. Molly brought her Samantha doll to have her hair fixed and the girls loved getting to pick out Samantha's hair style and watch her get in her beauty parlor chair.
While Samantha got her hair done, we headed upstairs for a very pink lunch! The girls were in heaven with their mac 'n cheese, pink lemonade and pink milkshakes!!
Playing with Alice Anne...
Ashley and I tried to get Hannah and Molly to pose for us in front of the red wall, but they were more interested in dancing with Samantha...

...but look who did pose for us!

I bought this big pack of kids shampoo at Costco and it has one pomegranate, one coconut, one mango and one strawberry. Hannah loves picking which one she's going to use each night. The other night Brett asked her if she liked eating coconut, pomegranate, mangoes and strawberries. She said she had never eaten a coconut or pomegranate. So after bath, daddy took Hannah to the store and they got a coconut and a pomegranate. They had so much fun sawing the coconut open, but Hannah spit the coconut milk out really fast and wasn't a fan of the pomegranate either. I gave Alice Anne some of pomegranate for breakfast the next morning and she loved it!!!

A couple of weeks ago we got to spend some time at Granny's house in Waco. I've been meaning to post pictures. The girls had so much fun playing at Granny's house. Hannah and Granny could have played Old Maid for hours!!

Silly Hannah...this is what I got when I told her to smile!!

And here are a few pictures from our picnic at the park earlier this week.

Hannah kept telling me she was doing her exercises like Papa...

This cracks me up...what is this face??

They played this peek-a-boo game forever and were laughing hysterically!

Peek-a-boo!!

Swinging...their favorite thing to do!!

2 comments:

MOM said...

They both look so "old" in some of those pictures. You can NOT blame yourself for AA's grumpy moods. I don't know a better mom!

meredith said...

Sweet, sweet girls! AA is totally fine. Don't worry. Y does some crazy stuff that makes me sad too, but I think they're just trying to find their place with such non-stop chatter box sisters.