Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to Our 3 Year Old Princess

I have been awful about blogging lately!! With Christmas and Hannah's birthday, I have literally not had a spare minute to blog.

First, let me start by saying HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY to our sweet little Hannah!! I can not believe she is 3...it seems so old to me and I am sad because I don't want either one of my babies to grow up! My life is so full of love that I didn't even know I could have before she made me a mommy. She has made our lives so much fuller every single day. She is the most loving, sensitive, sweet, kind and generous little 3 year old that I know. Everyone always comments on what a sweet heart she has and we couldn't agree more. I have to tell a sweet little story that shows just how big her heart is. Monday after her birthday we were pulling into the CVS parking lot. There was a man and a little boy probably about 3 years old sitting in the grass by CVS and the man was holding a sign that said, "Need help for my son's Christmas." Hannah noticed them and asked me what they were doing. I told her that that little boy wasn't as lucky as she was and that he needed someone to give him some toys for Christmas. She instantly said, "Mommy, we need to go get him some toys." What a fabulous idea, I told her. Now, I thought this was the sweet part. I didn't know how it would go, but I thought it would mean more if she gave him some of HER toys from home that she had gotten for her birthday instead of going and just buying new toys. "Why don't we run home and get a toy that you got for your birthday and bring it to him," I told her. She instantly agreed and we went home and she picked out not 1, but 3 books that she had just gotten for her birthday and said that she thought he would like these. It brought tears to my eyes when I saw her proudly get out of the car and hand her new books to the little boy, as she said "Merry Christmas!" That is how big this little girls heart is and it makes me so proud!

She is so inquisitive and so eager to learn. If I say a word that she doesn't know, she wants to know what it means and she tries to use it in sentences the rest of the day. She is the best big sister I could have ever dreamed of!! She loves Alice Anne more than words can describe and, although we have our moments, she is so loving and kind to her and Alice Anne in return just adores her big sister!

She's very smart!! She knows and can recognize all of the letters of the alphabet and can tell you what letter a word starts with and loves sounding out words. She can count to 22. She is very particular and wants everything in its place at all times.

She truly wants to make Brett and I proud and doesn't want to disappoint us at all. If she knows she has done something wrong, she quickly asks us if we're sad and she says that she didn't mean to make us sad. So sweet!

She loves school and loves all of her friends! Her teachers are constantly telling me how sweet she is and how good she is with her classmates. Many days I'll go pick her up from school and her teachers will tell me that she was such a little cuddle bug that day! That's another thing that we love about her...she loves to cuddle and it's so much fun!! She loves dance class, too!

She went for her 3 year check-up last week and she was NOT a fan of the shots, but she still adores Dr. Moore and talks about him all the time. He was impressed with everything that she knew and she was proud of her circle and cross that she drew for him. She weighed 33.75 lbs (80%) and she was 38.5" tall (80%).

Hannah scored again and had a fabulous birthday party! She wanted a dress-up party, so we loaded up on dress-up attire and the kids (mostly the girls) had fun running around and playing in their princess dresses. Hannah was beyond excited and had her "favorite purple princess dress" that she wanted to wear, picked out for days!! She was so cute the night before her birthday. When I put her to bed she said, "Mommy, I don't know what to do tomorrow." I asked her what she meant and she said, "What am I going to do when I'm 3." I think she thought turning 3 was going to be a big life changing event!! Everything is already "...when I'm 4!" I really don't want that day to come!! The past 3 years have truly been amazing and we look forward to many more fun years to come!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hannah is such a sweet girl- you are so lucky to have her and she is so lucky to have you! Her Birthday party was SO cute! Molly is still buzzing about it!