Monday, July 26, 2010

Growing Up Too Fast

Time just flies by and every time I turn around, our little girls are getting bigger and bigger. Hannah especially has really amazed me lately...she is just acting older and it makes me so proud, but at the same time, a little sad.
She has been begging us for a "big girl bicycle" for weeks. We told her that if she got a straight line every day for 2 weeks, she could go get one. I mean, I've never seen her try harder to get straight lines...and she did it!! So we all went out to get her big girl bicycle yesterday. She rode bikes around the store for over an hour, trying to decide which one she wanted, and she finally decided on "the one that went the fastest!" I was completely shocked that she didn't automatically pick the princess one!! She's really good at riding it. She rode bikes with Brett for an hour last night and she rode it all the way to the creek and back today (and it rained on us half of the way home). She asked me before bed tonight if I would let her ride her bike to the pool by herself tomorrow. Ummm, sorry honey...you're not that big!!
Alice Anne was excited to get Hannah's tricycle. Daddy lowered the seat for her and she's working on learning how to ride by herself. She calls it, "MY big biticle!" Hannah makes sure that Alice Anne knows that she is big and DOESN'T ride a tricycle anymore...so of course, Alice Anne doesn't either ;)
I ran inside to get my camera and when I came out Hannah was "posing" next to her bike for me.
She has the cutest little figure I've ever seen on a tricycle!!!

Hannah teaching Alice Anne how to push the pedals

The girl's favorite book to read together is Brook Shield's "Welcome To Your World Baby." It is so sweet! They both have it memorized and they truly think that the book is about the 2 of them. They read it together all the time and I just hide where they can't see me and watch them!

Hannah trying to stall before going to bed tonight. She saw my camera, posed, and told me to take her picture!

2 comments:

MOM said...

Oh my goodness...where does the time go? It will be a car before you know it :(
Hold them close...I know you do.

Ashley said...

SOOOOOO big! I am shocked! Molly can't even ride a trike! Go Hannah! They are both so so sweet!