Friday, July 16, 2010

A Little Update

I haven't written much about what's been going on in a while...simply because we've been up to a whole lot of nothing. We're really enjoying our summer and we spend as much time as possible at the pool. We're there pretty much every day for at least a couple of hours. Hannah is a little fish! She LOVES to swim and she's getting really good at it. Her latest trick is me throwing her way up in the air and she lands with a big splash!! She's getting pretty brave! Alice Anne is a bit more cautious in the water and is content playing on the steps or swimming in my arms, but she loves every second of it. We've pretty much out grown the "baby pool." Hannah doesn't want to have anything to do with it, therefore, Alice Anne doesn't either.

Other big news...Hannah is officially out of nighttime pull-ups!!! She's had a dry pull up every morning for 2-3 weeks, so she's graduated to panties at bedtime! Let me tell you...she thinks she is SO big, and she really is. She is so sweet and thoughtful it just kills me and she gets bigger and bigger every day! She amazes me daily with the things that she says or does! Last weekend Brett was coloring with the girls. I heard him ask her, "where did you learn to subtract?" She said, "My mommy." He asked me when I taught her to subtract and I told him we've added and subtracted with Cheerios some, but not much other than that. He told me to come look at her paper. She had done a whole subtraction page out of a workbook by herself that had problems like "6-3" and then gave you 2 answers to choose from. She did 10 problems and circled the right answer on every one!! We were pretty proud :)

Ever since she's been in a big girl bed, the rules were that she couldn't get out of bed until she called our name and we came and got her. That worked great, but now she's "allowed" to get out of bed and come downstairs by herself when she wakes up, and she loves it. I love it to...she comes down with the biggest smile on her face and says, "Good Morning Mommy and Daddy! I slept so good. How did you sleep?" So sweet!

All these pictures were taken on my iPhone, so they're not very good.
Have you ever seen so many silly bands?!?! The girl is obsessed!

Patiently waiting in the splash park for me to get get Alice Anne all sunscreened up!!


Alice Anne is getting bigger every day and is talking up a storm! Some of the things that come out of her mouth amaze me! She says some of the funniest things. I can usually understand what she's saying and she gets very frustrated when I can't, but Hannah can always interpret. Her latest is, "5 more minutes, mommy." Hmmmm, wonder who she learned that from!! I can't believe she'll be 2 in a couple of weeks (sniff, sniff)!! She's definitely my little toot! She gives me a run for my money and I never know what kind of mood she's going to wake up in. We had a pretty rough couple of weeks and I couldn't figure out what in the world was wrong with her. I was so exhausted at the end of everyday, and my only conclusion was that she was just "off." I couldn't find any other reason for her acting out. This past Monday, she woke up and was a completely different child...the sweetest little thing ever! That lasted a couple of days and then yesterday afternoon and today she's been a mess! Every day when Brett gets home, he asks the girls if they were good girls today. Hannah's response is always, "Yes sir. So far so good on a straight line!" Alice Anne's response is always, "Nopse!" (with a naughty little grin on her face)! Brett and I are really starting to believe in the whole birth order theory. She has her little fits down, and has really gotten good at manipulating me into giving her her paci. She totally knows what she's doing and she's pretty good at it!!! She has this little laugh that kills me!! It is the sweetest and funniest little laugh I've ever heard and she laughs at everything!

Alice Anne's big news is that she's gone tee tee on the little potty twice today...and poop once!!! She flat out refuses to go on it for me, but she'll do it for Hannah! I hear Hannah in there saying, "Yeah Alice Anne!! You did it, you did it!! Great job!" Guess I'll have my 3-year old potty training her :)

She looks so big on this little potty! Her little bottom barely fits on it :)
Eating watermelon at the pool and doing her sweet laugh!

And THIS is one of her fits!! We were at the pool and she tried the sidewalk, but it was too hot, so she climbed up in the chair and threw herself back as best she could. I mean...seriously?!?!

2 comments:

MOM said...

Oh, 2 precious girls! That's funny of AA "throwing a fit" in the lounge chair.

maryleighedmonds said...

I love the updates on their everyday lives. They're growing up so fast - I need to see them again SOON!