Friday, July 24, 2009

Growing Up Too Fast

I have had a lot of alone time with my little baby the past couple of days, since Hannah's in Waco. I miss my little chatter box more than words can explain, but I love getting the chance to spoil Alice Anne with all of my attention every now and then. She has completely blossomed the past week!!! I mean words are popping out of her mouth right and left! I love it!! Last night I was about to take her upstairs and put her to bed and I said, "tell daddy night night." She said, "nigh nigh" So sweet!! And then she said it the whole way upstairs. Last night Brett, Alice Anne and I ran into a store and she was on Brett's shoulders when we walked out of the store. She started saying really loudly, "bir, bir, bir!!" She was looking down on the ground and there was a little baby bird sitting there. But, of all the words, "ball" is her favorite. We can be anywhere and she will see a ball or find something that resembles a ball and she will not stop saying it until you acknowledge that you see it. She loves balls and she's pretty good at sitting on the floor and throwing a big beach ball back and forth. She totally busted out with "ta tu" (thank you) today and she is so proud of herself and wants to hand me something so I'll give it back to her and she'll have a reason to say thank you. So sweet!!! I love this stage because you can really see everything that they are soaking up! It makes me want to not stop reading and talking to her because I know her little brain is working so hard!!!

She saw a ball on the back patio and desperately wanted it!!

What is this cute little face?!?!?!

She saw me eating one of the cookies that I gave her yesterday and she said, "coocoo" over and over and crawled into the kitchen faster than I've ever seen her crawl before!!

2 comments:

maryleighedmonds said...

Does that mean Alice Anne can start calling me on the phone, too?!

MOM said...

It's fun watching the changes...all that she's learning!