Friday, July 17, 2009

Why Do I Need These Things Anyway?

Yesterday when Alice Anne was in her high chair, she decided that she didn't think she needed diapers anymore and took it off and threw it on the floor. She was so proud of herself! This morning I went to get her up from her nap and there was tee tee all over the place and she was very proudly holding her diaper (yes, that's her diaper in her hand in the picture)...Seriously?!?! Hannah did this same thing around her 1st birthday and I ended up having to put panties over her diaper every time she went to bed. Guess we'll be doing that with Alice Anne!!

I am writing this because we were so proud of Hannah and I want to document how sweet and polite she is all the time. Last night we had a guy over for dinner. Alice Anne was already in bed when he got here and Hannah was such a sweet little girl and sat on the couch and read books and watched Elmo while we chatted. When it was time for her to go to bed, she obviously went and gave daddy a big hug and kiss and then without being prompted she walked over to Kevin and so sweetly said, "It's so nice to meet you Mr. Kevin." Brett and I just looked at each other and grinned and when I came back down stairs, Kevin said, "She is the most sweet and polite little 2 year old I have ever met." That makes a mommy proud!! Brett thought I told her to say that, but I didn't say a word to her...she did it all on her own! Way to go Hannah!! You make us so proud!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Panties over the diapers! I did that, too! AA thinks she is a pretty big girl. How SWEET of Hannah to say that- you sure are doing something right!

MOM said...

Well, if AA is following in Hannah's footsteps w/the diapers, hopefully she'll also follow her in the manners department too.
H is the most polite 2 year old I know too...and I'm not biased!!!