Saturday, September 19, 2009

Haircuts and Festivals

Hannah got her hair cut this morning. She has only gotten her hair cut once before today and I forgot my camera then, so I'm posting a picture of todays cut. She was SOOO excited to go! For some reason, Ms. Amy, who cut her hair last time, left a lasting impression on her, and she has talked about Ms. Amy cutting her hair ever since. She was so excited to go see Ms. Amy this morning, but when we got there, she was out sick. Hannah called the lady "Nana," that cut her hair today, because we couldn't understand what she said her name was. Hannah acted like she and "Nana" were best friends and kept trying to strike up conversations, saying, "Nana..." and she never got a response from her because I don't think that was even close to what her real name was. It was so funny I was having to turn around so she wouldn't see me laughing! Hannah eventually started laughing about it too.
After Hannah and I got home from getting her hair cut, we all went to the Grapefest in Grapevine. The weather was beautiful and the girls had a blast!! Alice Anne was enthralled by the roller coaster. She could have sat there and watched it all day! She kept yelling, "WOAH!!!" and then dying laughing every time they would go over the "hill." The petting zoo was a big hit with both the girls and of course the corn dog that daddy got them!!! I don't think I've ever seen Alice Anne so excited than she was when she saw daddy walk up holding a corn dog. It was hilarious...I thought she was going to jump out of my arms!!!
I think this picture is so funny! Hannah was VERY into whatever she was doing and Alice Anne just sat like this forever with her chin in her hand, like, are you ever going to finish so we can move on.
She finally realized that Hannah was going to be a while, so she decided she better start playing!
We sat here forever just watching the roller coaster...
while daddy and Hannah were in the House of Mirrors, which Hannah LOVED so much that when she ran straight into the wall and bumped her head so hard she just laughed!

She really wanted to be the "baboose" on the train

She kept looking over at Brett with a "daddy, aren't you proud of me" look on her face while she was on this ride that went around in circles so fast! She was so dizzy when she got off Brett had to carry her!

Yes...I have changed about 100 wet diapers all afternoon because she drank this entire thing!!!

We headed to the Hot Air Balloon Festival after naps, but it was a madhouse to say the least and we didn't feel like walking 20 miles, so we turned around and came home...

3 comments:

MOM said...

Whoa...I'm exhausted just reading about your busy fun day!

Lane Olson said...

you guys are busy!! we were proud just to make it out for dinner. looks like hannah is ready for the fair. We went to the library the other day and M picked out a roller coaster book...loves it.

maryleighedmonds said...

You caught some great moments on camera. I love that you all have such a great time together - whatever you're doing!