Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mommy Lesson #1

#1 thing a mommy should know not to do: tell your 2-year old that you might go to the zoo tomorrow, not knowing if it will happen or not. That's exactly what I did last night...told Hannah that we might go to the zoo in the morning. Alice Anne was not in an outing mood, so when Hannah asked me when we were leaving for the zoo, I told her we were going to have to go another day soon. She was not pleased with my answer!! So, we decided to bring the zoo to us and make a few zoo creatures with Hannah's hand prints. She loved our little zoo art project!






When I came back downstairs from putting Alice Anne down for her nap this morning, this is where I found Hannah...sitting at my vanity curling her eye lashes!!!

4 comments:

Penelope said...

You are so creative & I just LOVE the animal prints!!! I will have to copy that idea when my kids are just a little bit older!

maryleighedmonds said...

Are you kidding me?! Those are SO cute! You should hang them in the play room or somewhere. I'm impressed!

MOM said...

Those are the cutest pictures ever! Where did you get that idea? About the eyelashes, don't let her grow up too fast!

Kelly said...

Emily!! Hey this is Kelly (Maddux) McCarver. How in the world are you! Your family is BEAUTIFUL. I'm so glad I ran across your blog. I'd love to hear from you. We have a blog as well. Married with 3 kids so lots to update on. I'd love to hear from you! Send me a message sometime.

kellymccarver@yahoo.com

And yes....very creative with the handprints...I need some good ideas! We have Hannah who is 3, Caleb 2, and Jacob 3wks.