Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Fun

I love this time of year...there are so many fun things to do and the weather is getting cooler! Hannah has woken up every morning this week yelling, "Happy Halloween!!!" She wants to know if it's Halloween yet. She got to wear her Halloween costume to dance class on Tuesday, so she thought it was Halloween. Wednesday, she took Halloween cookies to her class at school and she thought it was Halloween and then today we carved our pumpkin and she asked if it was Halloween. I'm not really sure what she's expecting on Halloween, but I hope she's not disappointed...

Hannah didn't want to touch the "yucky part of the pumpkin," but she was very bossy about what shapes she wanted me to cut out for her jack-o-lantern's face.

She LOVED drying the pumpkin seeds with the hairdryer so we could season and roast them and she ate almost every single one...she loved them!
When I told her to brush the oil on the seeds she laughed harder than I've seen her laugh in a long time! She thought it was hilarious that I wanted her to "paint" the seeds.
We painted a couple of pumpkins


And we made pumpkin and bat rice krispie treats
These are the cookies we made for Hannah's class at school. Sweet little girl was SO excited to pass out her cookies to all of her friends and the first thing she told me when I picked her up from school was that her teachers passed the cookies out and not her.
She carried the box of cookies around the house for about 30 minutes before we left. It really doesn't take much to get her excited!!!
Hannah wanted to practice "playing Halloween"...whatever that means, so we played Halloween dress-up for about 2 hours. BUT...she said we couldn't put on their real Halloween costume because it wasn't Halloween yet.
Alice Anne trying to walk and then she tripped on her long princess dress.

2 comments:

MOM said...

Such sweet little girls! And you're making me "weak" w/all your crafts and cooking! I don't know how you do it all!

Ashley said...

You all have been having a lot of Halloween fun! I am super impressed with your cookie decorating skills! Molly also thinks everyday is Halloween because there have been so many Halloween events lately! I also hope that the big night lives up to her lofty expectations!