Thursday, January 28, 2010

Another Day Inside...and...Sick AGAIN!

It's cold, rainy and yucky here again! We've spent the whole day inside and I think everyone was ready for a change right before nap time when both girls just lost it (after a little hair pulling incident)! Hannah and Alice Anne went for their H1N1 and Flu boosters yesterday after school and after we got home, Alice Anne went down hill really fast! She had a little cough and runny nose, but nothing major and wasn't acting like she felt bad when I picked her up from school, but that shot must have done her in because she went from nothing, to bad, to worse really fast. She didn't sleep well last night, took a good morning nap this morning, and is down again right now. Poor thing! I'm wondering if the shots did it to her???
Hannah was excited to have a little one-on-one time with mommy this morning. Since Alice Anne has pretty much cut out her morning nap, we don't get that much and I think she misses it...and I miss it, too! We made rice krispie treats, which are her absolute favorite! She saw the pastel colored marshmallows at the store the other day and wanted to get them. I asked her what color she thought our treats would be after we mixed all the colors together and she guessed purple. She was highly disappointed when they turned brown!! She wanted to know where all her "pretty colors" went :) She absolutely loves to bake and cook!!
Hannah's been working really hard on writing her name. Her fine motor skills aren't very good, so I've been trying to work with her a lot on it. I think it's partly my fault b/c I am such a neat freak, I didn't want her having crayons a lot when she was little because I didn't want her to color all over everything.
The picture she drew of a man
Doing some writing exercises
She really LOVES to learn! We played the cheerio adding and subtracting game this morning and she had the best time!
My dad has been working in Dallas this week and is staying with us. We've all enjoyed having him around and the girls have had the best time playing with Papa. I wish my mom could have come with him...maybe next time!

3 comments:

ELMORE said...

alice anne looks SOOO old! oh my goodness...adorable! that's so exciting about hannah and dance class :) hope yall have a good weekend and get well. i always wonder what happens to those colored marshmellows in rice krispie treats ;)

MOM said...

I wish I could've come too!
I wouldn't be too concerned about the fine motor skills. She's already doing more than some of my kindergarteners!

Grandpop and Gigi said...

Thank goodness for Papa being around to help.
Great job on your fine motor efforts.