Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Crawling Update

Alice Anne is getting faster and faster everyday!! She discovered the stairs today! We have all gotten used to not closing the child gates because Hannah is totally fine on the stairs. But we're going to have to get back in the habit real FAST!! So funny, though...she was totally scoping the gate out trying to figure out how to open it!

And my OCD self is going to have to totally chill! Alice Anne LOVES to go over to the toy cabinet in the den and throw ALL of the books out on the floor, then go knock over the basket with baby toys in it and then head over to a little basket that has some of Hannah's favorite toys in it and knock it over. Yes, I have been following her around and picking up as she pulls out. It makes me crazy!! And the funny thing is that I think I'm turning Hannah into a mini me...this afternoon as Alice Anne was throwing all the books out, Hannah was saying, "Alice Anne, only 2 books at a time" because that's what I tell her to keep her from getting 50 books out to read at once. Oh, and tonight when we were sitting at the dinner table, Hannah glanced over and saw a tiny yellow ball in a toy basket in the den and yelled, "MOMMY, that ball doesn't go there...it goes in the playroom!" She proceeded to stop eating her dinner, get down from her chair, go get the ball out of the basket, take it upstairs and put it in it's proper place in the playroom and come back downstairs and sit back down in her chair. She looked so proud of herself. OMG...I've got to settle down before I turn my girls into clean freak monsters!!!

Look at the mess behind these sweet girls!

How big is Alice Anne? SOOO Big!!!

1 comment:

MOM said...

Oh dear...let her come stay with us a few days. We don't care what kind of mess she makes!