Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

We had a fabulous Easter weekend! Hannah had a BLAST and although Alice Anne's teeth will not poke through and are giving her such a hard time, she was along for every ride! Papa, Jammy and Granny came yesterday afternoon. The girls got lots of play time and then Hannah had an Easter egg hunt out in the front yard. The girl did GOOD!! She's an easter egg hunting pro!! She was so sweet and happy to share her eggs with her little sister. Uncle Les and Jennifer came by to join in on the fun and we all went for a good dinner at Fernando's.

This morning we all went to church. Brett and I love our church and were so glad to stay in town and get to go for the Easter service. Grandpop, Gigi, Aunt Bekah and Tim were at our house when we got home from church and we all had a big Easter dinner here. While we were eating lunch, the Easter bunny came, and Hannah and Alice Anne scored again!!

Such a fun weekend. The girls were exhausted tonight. One of my favorite times of the day is bedtime because I get one-on-one cuddle time with my girls. Tonight was perfect. Brett and Hannah were at the park when it was Alice Anne's bedtime, so I got extra cuddle time. She stared in my eyes and stroked my face for the longest time as I rocked her. I just stared back at her and told her over and over how much I love her. I watched her eyes roll in the back of her head and she drifted off to sleep. I couldn't put the sweet baby girl down. I rocked her for the longest time and just watched her in the most peaceful sleep. When it was time for Hannah to go to bed, I laid in her bed and we sang songs and did our usual routine. When we finished, she said, "I love you SOOO much mommy. Sleep with me." How could I resist! I laid there with her and stroked her hair and in a couple of minutes, she was out!! I couldn't have asked for a better night!! I have the sweetest little girls imaginable!!
Running to find the eggs!!
A little help from Granny and Daddy
There were so many they all fell out!
Showing Jammy all of her eggs!
Opening them up and seeing what's inside
Sweet Alice Anne
Alice Anne chilling with Papa and Granny
Mommy and her sweet little baby
All the eggs!!!
Alice Anne, Granny and Jammy
Sleepy Alice Anne
The Belfs
Jammy and Papa with their girls
All of us with Granny
Hannah checking to see what the Easter Bunny brought. She requested 2 sticker books!
Daddy blowing HUGE bubbles with the bubble wand the Easter Bunny brought
Our 2 Little Bunnies!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy Easter! Looks like y'all had a great day. Ilove sweet nights like you had.