Friday, August 7, 2009

Our Big ONE Year Old!!

It's over...we got the one year shots out of the way and it was tough for everyone!!! The little sweet pea had to have 4 shots and a finger prick. It hurt so bad and she screamed so loud...Broke my heart and I started tearing up...Scared Hannah, and Hannah started nervously asking "what's wrong with my baby sister" really loud over and over, over the screaming...Overwhelmed the nurse and she just laughed!!

Other than the dreaded shots, Alice Anne is growing like a weed! She weighs 26 lbs (above 95%), she is 32" long (above 95%) and her head circumference is 18.5" (93%)!! Whew...BIG BABY!!!!

Dr. Moore was very impressed with her mental progression. He asked if she could say 2-3 "words"...ummm YES; can she pull up to a standing position holding on to something...All The Time; can she eat small finger foods on her own...Are You Serious? Have You Looked At My Baby???; how is her sleeping...ummm, she's the best sleeper ever, two 2-hour naps a day and 13 hours straight at night. I think she passed the test for sure and the things he said she should be doing at 15 months (have 6-10 "words", understand simple commands, able to drink from a cup with assistance...) she's doing, too. Way to go Alice Anne! You made your mama proud!!!

It's hard to believe how much a little baby can change in one year! I was laying in bed last night thinking about what I was doing this time last year. Cuddling a little bitty baby, waking up all hours of the night, feeding and changing diapers all day and night, and crying at the drop of a hat over nothing at all! What's that all about anyway right after you have a baby? Now my baby's a big girl!! Where does time go?

I think I've posted recently about everything that Alice Anne is doing but I'll put it again in a nutshell. She's talking a lot and trying to repeat things, but she'll only do it on her own terms. She won't do it if she's around new people or isn't comfortable and she won't do it if I ask her to. Really funny. And she talks a ton more when Hannah's not around!!! I guess she thinks big sis talks plenty for both of them. She ADORES Hannah!! She would be happy if Hannah were the only person on earth. Her face lights up when Hannah walks into the room and she follows her if she leaves the room. I hope this sisterly love never changes!!! She's a fast crawler and will cruise around furniture. She loves books, especially peek-a-boo books and she gets so excited to open the flap. She will let me rock her to sleep sometimes and last night she fell asleep in my arms which I loved!! She is a cuddler and loves to give kisses. Her favorite game is to do somersaults on mommy and daddy's bed. She could do this for hours! She never tires of peek-a-boo, though, and she has made up her own game called "Oh Great...Here She Goes!" Anytime we say this, she quickly puts her hands over her ears and laughs thinking she's hysterical. And if we don't say it, she'll put her hands over her ears and stare at us until we do say it! She's an awesome eater but has recently started thinking it is really funny to throw her food on the floor for Wally. She really likes to play outside but has pretty bad allergies. She and Brett must be allergic to the same thing because anytime his allergies are bothering him, hers are too. She hardly ever cries and if she does I know she doesn't feel good. She hates getting her diapers changed. She is the best little baby in the car and she loves bath time. She wants to be big like her sister so bad and tries to do whatever it is that Hannah is doing. She is The Best Little One Year Old we could ever ask for and I can't imagine our lives without her!! We love you more than you'll ever know and you'll always be our Little Ally Bally!!!!!!

This picture is really sad but I have never gotten a picture of either of them at the doctor, so I wanted to snap one of her on the scale. What a sad little face!!!

Hannah was awesome at Dr. Moore's office today so she got her favorite...Chick-fil-a for lunch afterwards!

1 comment:

meredith said...

I can't believe your baby is 1!!! Time for #3 ; )
Where can I get a quiet book asap. I'm flying alone with both babies on Monday.