Friday, May 15, 2009

Grandmother Would Be So Proud!

My grandmother would be so happy to see Hannah working in her little "garden." She had such a green thumb and grew everything imaginable! There was never a meal on her table that didn't have something from her garden included...and it was always fabulous! I did NOT get my grandmother's green thumb, but she was always proud of me when I told her I was trying to grow something. And she would always tell me the best way to use it in the kitchen!
This afternoon, we headed outside to work on our little "garden." We planted some herbs and a couple of blueberry plants. They're not dead yet and I'm hoping it will stay that way! Hannah had a lot of fun with her shovels, but is not keen on getting her hands dirty...such a little girl!

1 comment:

MOM said...

You're right. GM would be so happy that you and Hannah are gardeners! I remember how thrilled she was when you would talk to her about what you were planting, etc. I've thought often how much GM and DM would love H and AA and Carter.