Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Little Stinker

Tonight at dinner I caught Hannah doing just what I did when I was little...but I don't think I was as young as her when I got so smart...

Brett and I were talking and usually Hannah doesn't allow us to have much of a conversation between the 2 of us at the dinner table. I was impressed because Hannah was being so polite and did not interrupt us while we talked. I looked over and was so proud of the little girl...she had eaten ALL of her carrots and squash, which is usually a huge battle! Brett and I both applauded her and told her how proud we were of her. With a proud look on her face, she asked if she could have a cookie after we all finished eating. Of course, we told her. When everyone was finished, I told Hannah to get her napkin and wipe her face and her hands. She quickly grabbed my napkin. I glanced over and the little toot had her napkin hidden in her lap with ALL of her carrots and squash wrapped up in there!!! I tried so hard not to laugh!

Needless to say, we did not get the cookie and we sat there for a while longer while she ate every last bite of those vegetables (gagging the whole time)!!

4 comments:

MOM said...

I had to really laugh when I read this. What goes around comes around!

maryleighedmonds said...

however, you didn't hide your vegetables in your napkin... you fed them to your sweet, innocent, baby sister. watch out alice anne!

Honeyman 4 said...

Hey Emily!
Didn't know you blogged! Stopping in to say hello and what beautiful girls you've got! Rachel (Tower) Honeyman

Bekah Belf said...

She is a tricky little stinker! This story reminds me of the “juice box” story the other day…
On Tuesday morning, Emily told me that Hannah is allowed one juice box a day and that Hannah has already had her one juice box for the day.
When Hannah and I went outside Hannah noticed that her Mommy’s car was gone. Hannah went back inside, opened the fridge in the laundry room, and grabbed a juice box!
Bekah: Hannah what are you doing???
Hannah: I get juice box (with a big smile)!
Bekah: I am sorry Hannah but your Mommy said only one juice box a day and you have already had your juice box today.
Hannah: No! My Mommy told me, to tell you, that I could have 2 juice boxes today. 2 Aunt Bekah, 2 juice boxes!!!
Bekah: Ok, lets call your Mommy and ask her if you can have 2 juice boxes?
Hannah: No, we don’t call Mommy! Mommy is at work and on the phone! She is busy Aunt Bekah!
Bekah: Well then Hannah, Aunt Bekah says only 1 juice box and NO more today (trying to be stern while holding back laughter)!!!
I could not keep from laughing!!! She is sneaky & VERY smart for a 2 year old!
Sometimes it is so hard to remember that she is SO young! I am going to miss her! Every time I think about those girls they bring a smile to my face! I LOVE them!