Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

Today I am SO thankful that I am a mom! My 2 little girls bring more joy to my life then I ever could have imagined. I always dreamed of being a mommy and having a little family, but I never could have dreamed that it would be this fun and this rewarding!! Sure, it's not always easy, but my girls sure do a good job of making it pretty darn easy on me!!

My Mother's Day couldn't have gone any better. Everyone slept until 8:30 this morning-unheard of around here! We all went to breakfast and then daddy had to go to the office for a little while to get some work done. The girls and I played all morning...it was so much fun! I know I say it all the time, but they really are just so sweet and so much fun to play with. Hannah is so funny! A little story...lately I rarely straighten my hair and wear it down. It is usually just left curly or up in a ponytail. I actually straightened my hair last night and fixed it this morning. We were outside playing chase this morning and Hannah caught me and we both fell down. Hannah was laying on the ground and my hair was in her face. She started stroking it and looked up at me and said, "Mommy, your hair is so beautiful! Where did you get it?" I didn't really know what to say. Obviously I need to fix my hair a little more if my daughter thinks I went out and bought it! I just said, "God gave me my hair just like he gave you your hair." Hannah said, "Does God give you your hair when you wear it in a ponytail?" Note to self...if for no one else, fix your hair for your 2 year old!! This afternoon, the 3 of us went shopping at our favorite store--yep, Costco!! I love that store and Hannah loves going there, too! I'm teaching her well :) After naps, daddy came home and we all went to the park for the afternoon and then to dinner. I couldn't have asked for a better day!!

Some of my favorite things about being a mom:

-Seeing the delight in my girls eyes when they tackle something new!

-Hannah and I have this tradition every night when I tuck her into bed that I LOVE. Corny, I know, but it stemmed from Brett and I saying, "I love you 50 mill and she would hear us saying it. Now every night after we sing songs I'll say, "I love you 50 mill" and Hannah will say, "I love you 100 thousand mill" and I'll say "I love you 65 trillion mill"...and it goes on and on and each of us tries to top the other's number. Every time I say a number Hannah says, "WOW...that's huge!" It's really funny to hear what she comes up with sometimes and a lot of times she says things that don't even make sense, but it's absolutely the cutest and sweetest thing ever.

-Every morning when I go in and get Alice Anne up, she's usually standing up in her bed and as soon as she sees me she starts saying, "mama mama" and she starts dancing with her head. If you've ever seen her do her head dance, you know exactly what I'm talking about and it's the cutest thing ever! I pick her up and squeeze her and she gives me the biggest hug!

-I love seeing my girls love on each other. They get SOOO excited to see each other every morning! They give each other the biggest hug ever and they are just so loving to each other all day long.

-I love how much they both LOVE their daddy! They are both so excited to see him when he comes home from work everyday. He calls when he's on his way home and as soon as we get that call, Hannah runs to the window to wait for him and Alice Anne knows what we're watching for, too.

I could go on and on, but most of all, I just love spending time with them. I wouldn't trade my time with them for anything!


Now, to my mom:

Happy Mother's Day! Thank you for being the best mom I ever could have asked for and for teaching me how to be a mom! For those of you that don't know her well, she is the most patient, loving, and positive woman I have ever known. She loves unconditionally and forgives wholeheartedly. She gives with no expectation of getting anything back in return and would do anything for her girls. She always has an open ear and she always tries to understand other's points of view and is never judgemental. She loves my girls more than words can describe and is the best Jammy I ever could have asked for! Words can not explain how grateful I am for my mom! I love you, mom!

To my mother-in-law:

I am so thankful for my mother-in-law. She raised my husband to be the honorable and hard working man that he is today and for that I am truly grateful. She is loving, genuine, strong, persevering...and an awesome cook! She accepts me as part of the family and I love her for that. She is an awesome grandmother and my girls adore their Gigi!! I love you, Linda!

Hope all of you moms out there had a fabulous day!

4 comments:

MOM said...

What a sweet gift those words were. I would be so proud if I thought I had taught you how to be such a wonderful mom, but the truth is I've learned so much from watching you! I'm glad you've had such a great day with your sweet family! I love you!

Claire Coleman said...

I got teary-eyed reading this post! Isn't motherhood wonderful! You have a got a beautiful family, your girls are adorable! And from reading your blog, it sounds like they are little angels! So you've done well! And I agree w/ you on your mom, she's a wonderful aunt too!

Grandpop and Gigi said...

Thank you for the sweet and thoughtful Mother's Day message. The picture of you, Emily, with the girls, is so adorable. You kind words have special meaning to me, as we are so proud to have you as our Daughter-In-Law and the Mother of our Grandchildren. Your sweet family brings us such joy and pleasure and we love you very much.

Ashley said...

What a SWEET post, Emily! Your girls are very,very lucky to have you as their Mommy.